Thursday, August 04, 2005

ちょっと待って

I didn't mean to give the impression that things were all bad here ... there are plenty of good things:

- Most of my stuff arrived today, with the exception of my monitor and a box of computer stuff. There really wasn't that much after all, and I was able to fit it all nicely into my apartment, which I then rearranged and would now say is rather badass.

- I've been cooking for some reason. I have no idea why; I didn't even cook rice when I was in KY. I just ate tuna and fruit all the time. Now I'm frying up tofu and/or making curry rice every night, which isn't really cooking in the true sense of the word, but it's more than I usually do ... maybe it's because my apartment came with dishes. Plus now the place smells like curry, which is always a good thing.

- Speaking of the apartment coming with things, this is a wireless connection I just happen to be able to pick up. Of course, it's not secure at all, which is probably why this computer stopped working shortly after I got here. Which leads me to my next point,

- When your computer freezes up for a minute or so every time you tell it to do something, it forces you to find more productive uses of your time. Plus, in between commands, I can do 90 situps or 30-40 pushups.

- We began training at work today, and it seriously reminded me of the first week or so of college. New people, new town, new backpack, and the shit is easy. Actually it's all stuff I already know .. I think there's been a mistake. Anyway, I spent the day half-listening to the instructor while doodling in my notebook. After showing up late, no less!

- Lunch at the cafeteria is seriously the best thing in the world. The only drawback is that my co-workers eat half as much as me, and fast, so I literally have to swallow things whole so as to not keep them waiting.

- Lychee flavored gum is awesome (as are lychee flavored martinis, and lychee in general).

- I have the new Black Dahlia Murder album and A Much Better Tomorrow in my cell phone, and I never get tired of listening to either one.

- Oh yeah, and I'm leaving for Singapore this weekend and staying for a week with my lovely friend Indriana. This should actually be at the top of the list, but I didn't want to start with the best thing and then decrescendo from there with the mundane stuff. I wanted to add it with "oh yeah, and .." for ironic value, even though I hear that the scene of irony is a dead one.

ということで、今寝ます。

3 Comments:

Blogger beastard said...

How does one make curry rice? I like curry, and rice. If only I knew how to combine these two things. Is it easy? Can it be done in the United States? Am I an idiot?

Also - how is it that you just started a new job and are somehow able to immediately take off for an entire week? Are the Japanese supposed to be insane work nazis?

12:26 PM

 
Blogger Mike Henninger said...

I hear Singapore Air is really nice. Also, how are Japanese any worse than Americans? I got yelled at by someone at work because I did not work 60+ hours a week. You can also take Al as an example of an overworked American.

Do they have Amino Plus over there? That stuff is the cure for the common hangover. Anyways, Go for tit!

8:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DECRESCENDO!?! That's good!

8:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home