Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Do I Hate You?

It's time to play everyone's favorite game, Do I Hate You.

Answer the following "Yes or No" questions to the best of your ability.

1) Do you have an unintelligible southern accent?
2) Do you have a toothpick in your mouth all the time because it is just so damn cool looking?
3) Are you Oketani-san?
4) Do you go to the gym in jeans and Timberlands, and alternate between doing curls incorrectly with the olympic bar and talking on your cell phone the whole time?
5) Is your vehicle bigger than my living room?
6) Does your vehicle display stickers which proclaim that A) George Bush is the president, B) You are going to hell if you are not a Christian, or C) you have kids and they are enrolled in some school?
7) Is your hair bright yellow and your skin inhumanly orange?
8) Do you think things from countries other than the US are "weird?"
9) Do you watch TV when nothing even remotely interesting is on?
10) Do you talk to people when you actually have nothing to say?

If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, I probably hate you. Incidentally, to come up with this list I just looked around at other people at work and made up questions based on the way they act.

Wow, that was unnecessary. I sure did just waste a bunch of time that should have been spent working. Blargh!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how many did you answer yes to?

7:40 PM

 
Blogger bastardface said...

How many did I answer yes to? None. If I'm going to hate myself it'll be for completely different reasons.

12:39 AM

 
Blogger Mike Henninger said...

Hate is such a strong word. Perhaps, despise or detest would work better. Or a phrase such as: 'Oh, how horribly gross... blarg'.

By the by what's with all the work you have been doing? I thought you detested those saps who worked 12+ hours a day? Are you a sap?

Z. Monkey

8:58 AM

 
Blogger bastardface said...

Actually I think hate has become weak due to overuse, like its cousin love. Compare "I hate Nazis" to "I hate butter pecan ice cream." It's a much less specific degree of disliking for something than detest or how horribly gross (blarg).

As for the working late thing, I don't mind it if I have a deadline to meet, but when people do it every night for a year I have to just wonder what kind of problems they have at home.

Have I ever mentioned that I really like italics?

9:12 AM

 
Blogger Mike Henninger said...

No. Heidi says I use hate so much that it has lost all meaning. But I like using the word to describe my feelings about inanimate objects and the actions of other people. I think using it to describe your feelings towards other people may give the word (a) a tainted meaning, (b) a negative meaning that it does not deserve (c) a negative meaning it may well deserve, or, (d) a negative meaning it may well have deserved, which it is trying to put behind it but cannot seem to live down.

My head hurts. I cannot think straight. I have begun to write poetry.

9:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home