Friday, March 11, 2005

Dah, get offa me

(I am) working a lot today .. leave a comment explaining the meaning of life

UPDATE: Great, I ask for people to leave comments and apparently it's not letting you if you're not logged in. Hopefully I can get it fixed soon because I don't want to have to go back to Livejournal ..

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it finally works...

10:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With that...

Meaning is an interpreted goal, intent, or end and life is the property or quality that distinguishes living organisms from dead organisms and inanimate matter. So the meaning of life is the intent, significance, or purpose of living organisms. In other words the question is:

What is the purpose of existence?

Philosophy is the investigation of the nature, causes, or principles of reality, knowledge, or values, based on logical reasoning rather than empirical methods. I hope not to disappoint anyone, but on a philosophical level, that is reasoning with principles and not reasoning based on experience, life is completely pointless.

To prove this, there are not any moral principles that can be proven to exist, since the moral principles of right and wrong is entirely interpreted by each individual. How can one person dictate what is right and wrong for another person? With no proving of the existence of principles, how can one reason with principles that life has meaning or purpose?

Each person individually can define with their own morals and principles what is the meaning of life to them, but this cannot be applied to all. To me, I think we need to look at something else. Don't look at one's quest for the meaning of life, but let's look at why someone would even ask the question.

The question comes for many different places in ones life. Most people ask this question when they are unhappy and depressed, or feeling worthless and useless. Or they are mad and angry and don't understand why things happen.

Life is pointless, but we are still living. I feel that if we can understand how we feel, we can correct our own problems or better understand our goals and desires in life. Things don't happen for a reason or purpose. Everything is random. Don't get mad when something doesn't go your way. Even better, don't get down and out or complain about it. Pick yourself up and get back to doing what you need to do. Just keep on trying. To reach your goals, you must tolerate a certain level of pain. Do you think athletes achieve their goals easily and have no pain?

Don't forget that everyone is morally the same in this respect and we all live life with what is giving to us. Remember, that's life.

To conclude, don't ask unanswerable questions and just live life. You'll most likely understand the unanswerable questions in life, when you are no longer within life itself.

10:51 AM

 
Blogger Mike Henninger said...

The Meaning of Life... that was a good movie.

I think that if you have time to think about shit like that you are not interacting with enough people. If you do that you dont have to think as much and its much more entertaining (annoying?).

Jesus Christos Jeff. Brevity is the soul of wit.

9:21 AM

 
Blogger bastardface said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:31 AM

 
Blogger bastardface said...

He wasn't trying to be witty ...

though I agree with the first 3 things Z. Monkey says. Spend 4-5 days a week by yourself and you'll start to ask unanswerable questions too ..

9:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just tyring to help others understand my reasons to my brief and short statement.

There is no meaning to life. Life is random and pointless.

This is one of the topics one could talk about all day.

9:43 AM

 
Blogger bastardface said...

This is one of the topics one could talk about all day.

and we will next Saturday!

9:52 AM

 
Blogger Mike Henninger said...

There is no meaning to life. Life is random and pointless.

I think anyone who would read this weblog is cynical enough to say, 'Yes... that seems right'. I have no problem with the underlying ideas, just the 'brevity' of the original comment.

This is why I drink. Hello Jameson.

10:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home