Friday, February 11, 2005

Blargh pt. II: Bigger and Blargher

I planned to go off on some rant about whether or not it'd be worth it to move up to Ann Arbor (a place I think I would enjoy living in) if it meant I'd be working my ass off all the time for (Company X). But I think I can simplify the matter by saying that since I currently hate both where I live and what I do, anything would be an improvement. Plus, not only is AA my kind of town (though maybe a little too clean and safe), but the job description more accurately .. describes .. the kind of job I'd hate significantly less. I don't measure things by how much I like them, rather, how much I don't hate them.

Plus, there's the fact that if I get this job, I'll have to train in Japan first for a "year or two." I should add that I am now ultra-wary of such vague speech. If things are that up in the air, privy to change by circumstance, odds are they'll end up falling through (for me anyway). It's already happened several times here, so until I have a plane ticket in my hand, no, till I'm actually on the plane, I don't put much faith in these promises anymore.

But anyway, high probability is better than no possibility, so I'm going for this. The bad thing is that everyone here found out I'm trying for another job and it's causing them to treat me strangely .. hostility from some, good-natured "you won't be missed"-type remarks from others. Por desgracia, apparently nothing's going to happen until a bunch of other bilingual engineers are hired from all over the country, which could take a couple of months, so again I'm up in the air, and by this I mean anchored down in Bowling Green.

Now I have a headache, but I also have some Soy Chai left, so it's a nice balance of Agony and Ecstacy. That's not overly dramatic, is it? I just wanted to make a Manowar reference.

皆様、お時間有難う御座いました。

ピンポン...ダッシュ!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home