Far Beyond the Great Southern 101 Steel Proof Vulgar Cowboys of Power
Music lovers can agree that it's always difficult when one of your all-time favorite musicians gets shot repeatedly in the face by some maniac during one of their sets. I'll try to see the good in it, though .. lots of people will probably buy Pantera CDs now, and I've been listening to them non-stop (I lie, I stopped for a moment to watch High On Fire's set on the Relapse Contamination Fest DVD) for the past 24 hours, which is also good. Listening to Pantera always reminds me of those old times when I, well, used to listen to Pantera. Ahh, memories ...

Anyway, someone (it may have been Fred Durst, who certainly knows a thing or two about tragedies) called this event "the 9/11 of Heavy Music." This analogy apparently angered some people, and it was suggested to dub it "the JFK assassination of Heavy Music" instead. I was thinking about combining the two somehow, and then realized it'd be really cool to assassinate a president by flying a plane into them.
Now, everyone tell me what they want for Kwanzaa. Harambee!

2 Comments:
Is that the FBI knocking on your door?
2:48 PM
Maybe, let me go answer it. (Thud) (Sacking noises)
3:01 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home